Invest with confidence and peace of mind
Get started on unit trust
Unit Trust Offers
Transfer-in your Unit Trusts and grow with us
Consolidate your Unit Trust holdings with HSBC and be rewarded. From 1 January 2020 until 31 March 2020, receive 0.1% cashback of the transfer-in value of eligible Unit Trusts. Valid for a minimum transfer-in value of SGD50,000.
Contact your Relationship Manager or visit any branch to find out more.
0% sales charge
Reap the benefits of diversification and professional management at a lower starting capital with unit trusts.
From 1 January 2020 until 31 March 2020, enjoy 0% sales charge on the purchase of Regular Savings Plans and only 1% sales charge on lump sum investments in Unit Trusts purchased online.
What is a unit trust?
With a unit trust fund, your money is invested alongside many other investors by a professional fund manager in a diversified portfolio of investments. You don't have to make day-to-day investment decisions, because the manager does that for you. Depending on the fund strategy, your money could be invested in various asset types, from stocks to bonds to currency trading and more.
Unit trusts offer several key benefits:
- Diversification in one investmentA unit trust fund invests in a diverse portfolio of investments. This helps to diversify your risk better than investing in a single security.
- Liquidity and no lock-in periodYou can buy and sell unit trusts on any dealing day (except on public holidays in the countries to which your fund is linked) with relative ease - online or through your Relationship Manager. Your money need not be tied up for a specific period of time.
- Low costs and investment commitment to access a basket of securitiesUnit trust allows you to gain access to a portfolio of investments from as low as $1,000 and at a lower cost compared to buying them individually and constructing the portfolio on your own.
- Access to different markets and investment instrumentsGain exposure to countries, regions, sectors and investments that are not easily accessible as an individual.
- Professional managementYour investments are managed by investment professionals who spend their careers researching and managing investments. With a unit trust, let their expertise work for you.
See our unit trust range
You can search for funds based on your own preferences, view individual fund details, new funds and top performing funds*. You can also select funds for comparison on features such risk level and investment strategy.
*Information provided by Morningstar Asia Limited based on latest available month-end performance data.
Ways to invest in Unit Trust
Lump Sum Investment
- Make a one-time investment on a fund
- Minimum SGD1,000 placement
Regular Savings Plan
- Minimum 1st investment of SGD1,000
- Minimum 6 months
- Subsequent investment of as low as SGD100 per month
You don’t need a fortune to start investing
It’s not just for the rich. See how you can begin your journey today.
HSBC Wealth Portfolio Plus
A new proprietary tool designed to help you achieve your investment goals.
Things to consider
As with all investments, there is an element of risk.
- Market volatility will cause the value of a unit trust to rise or fall
- Foreign exchange rates can fluctuate, so a unit trust may change in value if it invests in investments denominated in a different currency than what you invested in
- The performance of any unit trust also depends on the expertise and investment decisions of its fund managers
- Unit trusts differ in terms of investment objectives, strategies, risks and costs. It is important to choose one that best matches your investment objectives and risk profile.
You need to have the following:
- An active investment account with HSBC with Personal Internet Banking (PIB).
- A valid settlement account in the denominated currency of the Fund you wish to invest into.
- Valid Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA) where you have assessed to have knowledge and experience in transacting UT.
Things to know
Fees & chargesPress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
DisclaimerPress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Product Risk RatingPress enter to collapse Press enter to expand
How to invest
If you already have an unit trust investment account with HSBC, just log on to browse, buy and sell unit trusts.
Don't have Personal Internet Banking?
Please get in touch with us to set up an investment account.
Visit our branch
Visit any of our branches to speak to us about opening an investment account.
Frequently asked questions
How can I invest in Unit Trust?Press enter to collapse Press enter to expand
What are the prerequisites to investing in Unit Trust?Press enter to collapse Press enter to expand
What does it mean if I do not fulfil the requirements of the Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA)?Press enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Do I need to have a local SGD bank account to open an investment account with you?Press enter to collapse Press enter to expand
Are Unit Trusts suitable for me?Press enter to collapse Press enter to expand
You might be interested in
You don't need a fortune to start investing
It's not just for the rich. See how you can begin your journey today.
Access global opportunities in major markets by directly trading in stocks and bonds online.